WELCOME TO DEWEY LOWMAN AMERICAN LEGION POST 109
CURRENT EDITION OF THE POST NEWLETTER - THE CYCLOPS
INTERIM PROTOCOL FOR VISITING THE POST
- ACCESS TO THE POST WILL BE LIMITED TO 1 GUEST PER ACCOMPANYING MEMBER. THE REASON FOR THIS IS BECAUSE WE’RE LIMITED TO 50% CAPACITY AND OUR AMERICAN LEGION FAMILY COMES FIRST.
- EVERYONE WILL BE ASKED TO USE THE SANITIZER LOCATED JUST INSIDE THE DOOR. THIS WILL HELP ENSURE ALL OF US THAT WE’RE NOT TRANSMITTING THE DREADED VIRUS BY TOUCHING COMMON SURFACES.
- ON BUSIER EVENINGS (FRIDAY AND SATURDAY) THE DOOR WILL BE MANNED AND TEMPORAL (NO TOUCH) THERMOMETER CHECKS WILL BE CONDUCTED AS MEMBERS AND GUESTS COME INTO THE POST. ANYONE WITH A TEMPERATURE INDICATING A FEVER WILL BE ADVISED AND DENIED ENTRY. AGAIN, A SMALL INCONVENIENCE TO PROTECT EVERYONE.
- ENTRY AND EXIT WILL BE THROUGH THE DOORS SO MARKED. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE SIGNS ON THE DOOR.
- THE NUMBERS OF TABLES/CHAIRS IN THE LOUNGE HAVE BEEN REDUCED, PLEASE DO NOT MOVE TABLES. WE’VE SPACED THEM OUT A BIT AND THEY NEED TO STAY THAT WAY FOR THE NEAR FUTURE.
- STOOLS AT THE BAR HAVE ALSO BEEN REDUCED... DOES THIS MEAN THAT YOU CAN’T SIT NEXT TO YOUR WIFE OR BUDDY... NOPE. IT IS TO ENCOURAGE SOME REASONABLE DISTANCE BETWEEN THOSE THAT WE DON’T FEEL ABSOLUTELY COMFORTABLE SITTING (OR STANDING) NEXT TO. IT ALSO REFLECTS THE 50% CAPACITY RULE AT THE BAR.
Since our charter establishing this Post in 1933, Dewey Lowman Post 109 has been welcoming Veterans from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble.
Membership Eligibility: As a result of the Legion Act signed into law on 7/30/2019, eligibility for membership in The American Legion has been expanded to ALL VETERANS who have served honorably in the U.S. Armed Forces after 12/7/1941. This also expands membership eligibility in the Sons of The American Legion (SAL) and the Auxiliary. Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.